Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Decorating for Mini Mania with my Explore

For Mini Mania, I decided I would use a flower theme and the colors pink, blue and purple. I bought paper goodie bags at Party City and wanted to dress them up a bit. Using a basic flower and Design Space, I was quickly able to cut 16 flowers, centers and leaves to add to the bags.





And it was then so easy to use that same flower to add to the water bottle flavor packet tags I made with paper to match the color scheme. Just adjust the size and press Go!

And did you notice, the same flower, in a smaller size was cut and glued to little packets of Sixlets candy. I just adjusted the size again, entered a quantity of 60 and let the Explore do the work! It laid the flowers and centers out on the mats and told me when to change the paper color. I glued the centers onto the flowers and then used a glue dot to stick the flowers to the candy packs. I did also make the flower pens and add the pattern paper to the note pads. But the Explore didn't get to help with those!



For Sunday morning's table treat, I made these cute little treat boxes. There were also pink ones, but I didn't get a picture of those. The box was made using the Envelope Punch Board, but the flower is the same one from the other projects, just cut at a different size.

I was very impressed with how easy it was to pick my design, adjust the size and then tell Design Space how many I wanted. No need to add 60 flowers to the mat or copy and paste and then place them within the cutting margins. I had one flower of each size and Design Space did the rest! I'm looking for to using the Explore to make all the "stuff" for Circle Mania in September when I will have 60 crafters attending the weekend event.

0 comments:

Post a Comment