Friday, August 29, 2014

Paper Doll Facial Expressions with the Cricut Explore!


Did you know the Cricut Paper Doll Carts {Paper Doll Dress Up and Everyday Paper Dolls} have cute little facial expressions on them? Most people use just the blank face doll and then hand draw or stamp faces onto them because your Cricut could only cut the detail lines of the facial expressions. Once you drew over them, you didn't always get a "cute" doll. Until now! The Cricut Explore has a dual head to hold a pen for writing and drawing and one to hold the blade for cutting. And Design Space {the powerful software that runs the Explore} allows you to change lines from cut to write! This means, you can have the Explore draw those cute facial expression and then cut out the doll!

Here are a few of the dolls from the Paper Doll Dress Up cart. I'm working on the others and will also do the ones from Everyday Paper Dolls. I've put them in one Design Space file that you can get from my Facebook group. . .Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space. Then all you have to do is select the one you want to use, set the size and use the pen of your choice. I used the Cricut fine tip Midnight pen for these examples.

When you are ready to cut the clothes and other accessories for your paper doll, set the size the same, ungroup the image and then use the eye in the Layers box to "hide" the body layer that loads onto the canvas with the accessories. Or, you could just delete the body.

Come join us on Facebook for this file and many others that are always shared. . . for free!

8 comments:

  1. Never thought of this! Great idea, will try it next time I do a face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! thanks for sharing, I never would have thought of this on my own!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn it! I cut out almost twenty of these a couple of months ago. Wish I'd thought about drawing on the faces. Next time! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Rock!! That's so cool! I'm so excited about my Explore and all the awesome things it can do! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, Paulette. I am anxious to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete